Country House Beauty salon in Holmfirth, Hepworth, Huddersfield includes Swedish massage service.
Swedish massage involves the use of hands, forearms or elbows to manipulate the superficial layers of the muscles to improve mental and physical health. Active or passive movement of the joints may also be part of the massage.
The benefits of Swedish massage include increased blood circulation, mental and physical relaxation, decreased stress and muscle tension, and improved range of motion.
Unlike drug therapy, which is often associated with many systemic and long-term side effects, massage therapy is relatively safe and has few contraindications. It also provides many benefits.
There are numerous physical benefits associated with the use of Swedish massage:
· Loosening tight muscles and stretching connective tissues
· Relieving cramps and muscle spasms and decreasing muscle fatigue
· Loosening joints and improving range of motion
· Increasing muscle strength
· Calming the nervous system
· Stimulating blood circulation
· Firming up muscle and skin tone
· Improving lymphatic drainage of metabolic wastes
Mental and emotional benefits
Mental benefits associated with massage therapy include the following:
· Mental relaxation
· Improvement in length and quality of sleep
· Relief of stress, depression, anxiety and irritation
· Increased ability to concentrate
· Improved sense of well-being
Swedish massage should not be given to patients with the following physical disorders or conditions:
· Nausea, vomiting or diarrhoea
· Broken bones, fractures, dislocations, or severe sprains
· Contagious diseases
· Open or unhealed sores or wounds
· Body areas that are inflamed, swollen or bruised
· Varicose veins
· Recent surgery
· Severe pain
· Kidney disease
· Large hernias
· Torn ligaments, tendons, or muscles
· High blood pressure or heart problems
· Certain kinds of cancer
Swedish massage is now gaining acceptance from the medical community as a complementary treatment. Studies have shown that massage can relax the body, decrease blood pressure and heart rate, and reduce stress and depression. massage therapy can treat headache, facial pain, carpal tunnel syndrome, arthritis, other chronic and acute conditions, stress, and athletic injuries but always check with your doctor first.